

I've included 2 very special pictures with this morning's post. One is the very first referral picture that Chet and I saw of Mary Joyce on August 1, 2006. As we were on the phone with Tina, our agency rep, taking down the information about our daughter, and repeatedly hitting the "Get Mail" button on Apple Mail, that was the first picture to come through. That was a moment we will never forget.
The second picture is the ultrasound picture of Katherine (on the day we found out that she was a "Katherine"). The experience of seeing our baby move on that monitor in the doctor's office was an equally special experience. Again, that was a moment we'll remember always.
We sometimes say that we are "living the cliche' "--You know, the one that says "If you adopt, then you will get pregnant." or "That always happens to people who adopt." In reality, at least from what I've been told, about 5% of couples who face unexplained infertility (no cause pinpointed, which was our situation) who do not adopt end up getting pregnant. That same statistic is true for those who do adopt after facing the same unexplained infertility.
In our situation, we truly believe that this is a "God thing." Mary Joyce is such a precious gift, and such an amazing fit for our family. Her personality makes her the ideal oldest "Preacher's Kid." We feel that God wanted her at home with us before He gave us any biological children. If we had had our "homegrown" children first, we might have ended up not adopting from China at all. (Currently, we do not qualify for the China program due to the assets requirement.) We do know that He has a plan for our family, and we are currently watching that plan unfold.
5 comments:
Welcome to blogland! :) It's so good to have you on board. It'll be good to see you guys more often. Can't wait to see your new arrival!
I can't wait to see your girls together in the future. We have followed your journey for so long.
You have been so blessed !
Great blog. Glad to have you here. I have followed your journey as we received our referral 7/31/06. Our gotcha day was 9/18/06. Hope all is going well with the pregnancy, it won't be long now. Our biological daughter (soon to be 11) was born on July 30, so I know how hard it is to go through the whole summer preg.
Just wanted to pop in to say we really miss you guys. Can't wait for Katherine to arrive. :)
Hi, I just discoverd your blog through "blog-hopping"! I was curious about your family so I looked back to see how it all unfolded. I just love the title of this post! We adopted from Jiangxi in 2005 and were told over and over that "Now you'll get pregnant, it happens all the time;" I tell people about the 5 % stat as well. We are waiting for a second child from China...long wait it is!Anyway...love your blog!
Lisa V
Post a Comment