Saturday, July 7, 2007

First Post in Blog Land...


Well, I've finally done it. I've started a family blog. We will continue to update Mary Joyce's Adoption Voyages page until at least our first Gotcha Day anniversary (and will continue to keep it online), but we wanted to be able to share with family and friends a little more frequently, especially since we've moved further away from loved ones.

For those who do not know us, we are Dusty and Chet, and we have recently relocated to sunny Florida. Chet is a pastor, and I am a stay-at-home mom. We are parents to a very active 18 month old, adopted in September of 2006 from Jiangxi province in China. Two months after returning home, we very unexpectedly found out we were going to have a baby the old-fashioned way and are currently awaiting the arrival of baby Katherine (due on the 27th of this month).

One thing that Chet and I do to minister to adoptive families is a web business hosting adoption travel journals. Our site is called Adoption Voyages, and there is a link to the site on the right hand side of this page. Please come and visit that site at anytime. We love to share in this experience with other adoptive families, as Mary Joyce's adoption was such a life-changing event for us.

The Adoption Blog links on the right are a combination of families that we know personally and those who we know via the very active China adoption online community. There are families listed there who are in all stages of the adoption process, from those who are waiting for referrals to those who are already home to those who are starting the whole process again. The community of China adoption has truly amazed us.

I'm going to attempt to add a picture to this post, so here goes... Stay tuned for more later...

4 comments:

Angie said...

Chet and Dusty,

Welcome to blogger land!!! Your blog looks great and I can't wait to keep up with your family through it! I am on my way to add a link to your blog on mine!
Happy Blogging!!

Angie

Susan said...

Yeah! I checked your old blog and was disappointed when nothing was there. Hope y'all are doing well and you are feeling okay in these last few days before the new one makes her appearance.

Susan

B-squared said...

Just wanted to say hello and welcome to bloggerville. Looks good so far!
I'm a quiet member of the JulyDTC group, but followed your journey to China and like to read the follow-ups on Mary Joyce. (She's just 2 days older than our little one; although she came home with you a few months before we got to welcome Keira.)
Best wishes as you settle into your new home and, most importantly, best wishes as you wait for the newest member of your family.
Keep blogging! :-)
Bryn

Tamara said...

Hi, I like your new blog. I'm looking forward to pics of the new baby, very very soon.