Monday, July 30, 2007

Baby Watch Update for Monday

Provided Miss Katherine has not decided to come on her own, we are scheduled to induce early next week. I will go for a non-stress test on Friday, and then will check into the hospital Monday, August 6 at 9 p.m. If things go according to schedule, Katherine should arrive sometime on Tuesday the 7th. At least we have a finish line in sight now. :-)

9 comments:

Jen Talley said...

WooHoo!!! At least there is light at the end of the tunnel!!!!

Kim said...

What is a non-stress test?

Heather said...

Hey! Actually, I began blogging recently and I was just tipped off that you blog too!! Just offering some encouragement as you wind down to Miss Katherine's arrival. Our family has been praying for yours and I will be watching for the big day!
Blessings
Heather

Angie said...

I know you are so ready for her arrival and at least you have an end in sight! We will be praying for you and your family as the big day approaches.

prechrswife said...

Thanks, everybody, and hi, Heather! I just added your blog to my list. :-)

Kim, from what I understand, the non-stress test is basically where they hook you up to a monitor and make sure that everything is okay with the baby, and that the baby and I can handle labor being induced. This seems to be standard operating procedure for inductions from what I was told today.

Kim said...

Do the doctors give an approx weight of the baby? I wouldn't think the doc would want you to wait that long to induce. I pray your delivery goes well, whenever it does happen. You are one strong woman to be able to wait it out so patiently.

Kim said...

A year ago, we were in labor together :) Maybe Katherine wants to be born on the same day Mary Joyce was revealed.

prechrswife said...

They said if I went full-term, she would be about 7 lbs. That was the estimate a couple of weeks ago. I didn't think to ask this time. I think if she were a big baby, they would have induced sooner. Thankfully, since we're not especially large people, Katherine isn't either.

Kim said...

oh she's a tiny little one! How exciting to be due again at the same time our babies were delivered last year. I am so happy for you guys!