Wednesday, January 30, 2008
One More Update on Jen, Mike, and Mei!
They are in Guangzhou! That is a huge answer to prayer, and God's hand was definitely in this. They ended up taking a bus to Guangzhou, as the train station was basically closed to passenger trains. Jen told me in an email that they hadn't seen the sun since they have been in China, and as soon as they got on the road, the sun came out. Because of the improvement in the weather, the trip only took them 12 hours instead of the 15-20 hour estimate that they were originally given. She said that Li Ping and Bruce (their guides, who were also our guides when we were there) said this is the first time this has happened to a group in their 16 years of working with adoptive families. All this to say, praise God! They made it, and will even be able to keep their original appointments.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Praise God! I can't imagine how nerve wracking that was!
Scott just told me about the winter storms in China this evening...what is going on? This cold is unbelievable! I know they are in good hands and will be home before you know it with that precious baby :)
Thanks Dusty for keeping us up on the news, they have been in our prayers since the news of the storm hit.
Hopefully, the cold snap will be over
Ugh - have you ever pondered about what we would do without God???? Perish the thought - I am so happy all are safe, what an ordeal!
We are still praying for your dear friends.
Heather
So glad to hear they're in Guangzhou and moving things along! Thanks for keeping us posted.
Now, I've just tagged you (on my blog) to take part in an exercise, revealing seven weird facts about yourself. I hope you find it fun.
Post a Comment