Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Exersaucers, Sweet Potatoes, and Teeth--Oh, my!

I just posted Katherine's 5 month update, but I had to go on and do another post on her progress, as she is making so much lately. On Monday, we went to her physical therapy appointment, and Katherine has progressed so much over the holidays that she will only have one or two more visits. Her therapist is wonderful, but it will be nice not to have to make those weekly visits. While there, I was showing the therapist Katherine's new tooth when I noticed that she has not just one, but now two teeth on the bottom! Surprise! :-)

We also put Katherine in the exersaucer for the first time yesterday. She really didn't care for it much, but this morning was a different story. She was really interested in the toys and seemed to be enjoying herself. She got so busy reaching for things that she looked like she was swimming or flying (second picture below). It was pretty funny.





Our pediatrician also gave us the go-ahead to start Katherine on rice cereal, then stage 1 baby foods, introducing one thing every 3 or 4 days. We have been doing the cereal for awhile, which she will eat, but doesn't love, if you know what I mean. Well, today, we introduced sweet potatoes. Let's just say that Katherine will really enjoy Thanksgiving dinner in 2008. She was smiling, opening wide for more, and at one point grabbed the spoon when I wasn't moving fast enough. (Kind of like her big sister with congee when we were in China.) Of course, Katherine had as much food on her as she did in her tummy by the time we finished, but it made for some great pictures.



1 comment:

digging a hole to China said...

cute. cute pics. we haven't tried sweet potatoes yet. may have to try them tonight since katherine makes them look so good. pk has only tried squash and bananas so far. i mix cereal in with them so they aren't so runny and messy. cuts down on my laundry load and he likes them mixed.