This is just going to be a quick post, but I did want to let everyone know that Katherine was officially discharged from physical therapy today!!! Our little girl is now right where she should be, and everything is looking great. :-)
As a side note, we've decided to hold off on all-out potty training for awhile. Mary Joyce doesn't seem to be as ready as we thought she was, but she is still pretty young.
That's it for now!
Monday, January 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Hooray for Katherine!!!! I know it's so hard to tell with toddlers. Madi was 2 1/2 when I started with her. And it took her until she was over three to be completely done. And until recently wore pull-ups to bed.
A big Wahoo to Katherine!
No worries about the Potty! You correctly stated it... Mary Joyce is still very young (just turn two - correct?). I tried on a weekend when Josie was 26 months because I thought she was ready... she showed a couple signs of being ready. But she wasn't and instead of making a big deal out of it (and causing a lot of frustration for her and me) we waited.
Then I had it scheduled for when she was 2 and half... and we were talking it up! Making a production out of it... and WHAM! She decided to start a week earlier than scheduled and she 'Got It'... she was completely ready and it was easy. Well easier than I expected - LOL!
Plus potty training when you have another little one to look after - that has to be tough! Don't know anything about it... I only have Josie.
-Mary, another TongGu Mama
and a waiting Mama too.
You go Katherine!!
Mary Joyce is very young and what a wonderful mommy and daddy to allow her her own time to discover the potty!
Have a great rest of the week!
heather
hooray for Katherine. we don't know what to do about potty training. aidyn comes and tells us that she needs to go potty but then she screams the entire time she is on the toilet. she will go on the toilet--has since tonggu. and she doesn't want to be wet or dirty so we just wait through the screamfest until she claps and cheers for herself and then we know she is done. but i can't let her do this out in public. i did once and several people tried to come into our stall to check on us. they probably thought she was so tiny she was gonna fall into the potty.
Wahoooo! Didn't know about even needing PT. But now it's all done! Way to go Katherine! Hang in there with PT'ing Mary Joyce. It too will come. Kylie was 3 for dry days and 4 for dry nights. And then no accidents or anything.:^)
Your daughters are gorgeous! I am also a preacher's wife and two of our children are from China. God bless you
Post a Comment