Friday, January 4, 2008

Our Trip to Louisiana

We left Christmas afternoon to visit my parents and extended family in Louisiana. We all had a great time. Katherine was able to meet her great-grandparents for the first time. Mary Joyce had a wonderful time with Lao Lao and Papa, and is still asking for them, even though we've been home a few days now. We had a great trip! Here are some photos from the week we spent there. This is my first attempt at adding a slide show to a blog post, so we'll see how this works...

6 comments:

Kylie's momma said...

Welcome home! And your slideshow is GREAT! Liked it so much I went over and made one myself! I love Photobucket. Thanks for sharing it Dusty! And the girls looked absolutly precious! What cherished pictures to have with all the grandparents! Priceless! Have to admit seeing Chet in shorts made me a little jealous. We were in the low 20's with cold wind today brrrr!

Angie said...

Wonderful pictures! You did a great job with your first slideshow!
I'm glad you had a nice visit with your family and have made it back home safely.

Happy New Year!

Heather said...

Great slideshow!! Loved it, what a wonderful visit.

Happy 2008!

Heather

Susan said...

What a beautiful family! Thanks for sharing all the photos. I love to check your blog to keep updated with all other Dragonflies -- seems like yesterday when you got the photos of Mary Joyce sitting in that big rooster thing :-)

I wanted to tell you that our daughter calls my parents "Papa" and "Lao Lao" also -- Lao Lao being the Mandarin, of course, and Papa being what all my dad's grandkids call him. Funny huh? Also, my daughter called stars "Ubba Bubbs" for awhile, too.

Best wishes for 2008!

Susan said...

I meant to say "ubba bubba," of course.

prechrswife said...

Susan, that is too neat about the grandparent names. :-) (and the "uppa/ubba bubbas", of course.