Monday, January 21, 2008

Picture Post

I'm playing catch-up with everything this week, or at least it feels that way. (Pretty sad, considering it is only Monday...) Anyway, here are some recent pictures from our house.

Mary Joyce's Sweet Smile


Her Serious Side


Katherine likes bananas even better than sweet potatoes. The pictures aren't nearly as dramatic, though.


I asked Mary Joyce to "show me her teeth," which is a trick I learned from another China mom for getting your child to smile for a picture. It usually works, but this time she decided to get silly. I think this may be revenge for the "pretty face" that I used to make for pictures when I was about her age.


Mary Joyce has an assortment of stuffed animals and dolls that she must have on her bed when she sleeps. If I take them off and put them on the shelves, by the time I go in to wake her up, they have all mysteriously reappeared on the bed. This was the sight that met me one day last week when I went to get her up after her nap.


Katherine and her Daddy--She looked absolutely fascinated while he was on the phone. Very cute...


Sweet Baby Katherine


Chet's mom sent the girls several new outfits for Christmas. I've had a hard time getting pictures of them while they were wearing them, though. I finally was able to get a few pictures on Friday.


Katherine's Close-Up: Cute as a Button!


Mary Joyce's Close-Up: Pretty in Pink


My sister is a graphic designer, and she always comes up with the most meaningful and creative gifts. These pictures were our Christmas gift this year. The photo doesn't do them justice, but we were finally able to get them on the wall this weekend. Thanks, Sis!


That's all for now!

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Holy smokes does Katherine look like Chet!! Your girls are beautiful.

Kylie's momma said...

Too too cute! And Kylie does the same thing with all of here animals. If you rearrange them or take some off they magically reappear. Too funny! And I too thikn Katherine looks like Daddy. Don't they always? Especially after you've carried the child 9 mos. Poof out comes a daddy clone :-) Dusty, could you please send an e-mail and congratulate both Jen and Deb for me (Susan in MT. gr 100). My e-mail isn't set up right. Boy are those healthy (aka chubby!) babes. So very happy for them both! Thansk so much! Susan

Yen973 said...

The girls are so cute! I can't believe how big they have gotten. Love the pictures.
Dana