Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Placing Blame...

Here's a conversation for you (and, no, potty training is not proceeding very quickly around here):

Me: Mary Joyce, are you stinky?

Mary Joyce: No (shaking her head vigorously)

Me: Are you sure?

Mary Joyce: (continues shaking her head)

Meanwhile, while Chet is home for lunch, Katherine has fallen asleep in his lap. I go and get Katherine and put her down to nap in the pack-n-play in the master bedroom. Then, I go and pick up Mary Joyce to take her to her room to go down for her afternoon nap. We stop by to say "Night Night" to Daddy.

When I pick her up...

Me: You do, too, have a yucky pull-up.

Mary Joyce: No, baby ucky dipa. (Mind you, baby is asleep in the other room...)

Me: No, I just changed baby a little while ago.

Mary Joyce: Daddy ucky dipa.

Hmmm...I don't think so, but it was a very good try. :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cracked me up!

Hope you're having a good day-I'm at work now or I'd send you the St. Augustine pics-sorry it's taking so long!

Lynda :-)

Susan said...

She IS a little stinker, isn't she? At least she's creative!

Nicole said...

Oh - that's too funny!! It's amazing what they come up with. The potty training hasn't even started here in Michigan - so don't feel bad!!