Mary Joyce is rough on sunglasses, as in she likes to break off the earpieces, so they are no longer wearable, but then she constantly asks for her glasses. Her first pair lasted awhile until she got bored in her car seat one day. She had a pair that came from the clearance bin at Gymboree that actually lasted quite awhile because the earpieces were rubber instead of hard plastic. It took her awhile to break those. The most recent pair lasted from the mall back to the highway. At that point, I said, "That's it. No more sunglasses unless I find the perfect pair." Yesterday, I seem to have found a relatively Mary Joyce-proof pair. There are no plastic earpieces. They have an elastic strap that goes around her head and fastens with velcro. They came from Wally-World and cost a grand total of $2.86. So-far, so good... We'll see how long they last...

5 comments:
She looks like a STAR!!!!
Oh, Thank you for your sweet comments. Your little girls are just precious too! I remember following your journey to bring Mary Joyce home! My how she has grown. And Katherine is beautiful. God has blessed your family!
Happy Mother's Day
Robyn
I just love Mary Joyce, she is so full of life!! Hannah has even gone as far as to break MY sunglasses...what are we goign to do with these little sweeties???
Great pictures!!
Heather
Heather, she has actually broken 2 pairs of mine, too. Thank goodness I buy the cheap shades. :-)
She looks so cute....who cares how long they last when you look that precious in them even for 5 minutes!
My boys used to always break mine too. Hence the reason I now wear the $4.96 pairs from Walmart!
Post a Comment