Thursday, May 22, 2008

Chapman Family Tragedy

The youngest daughter of Steven Curtis Chapman, the Christian singer/songwriter, and his wife Mary Beth was hit by an SUV yesterday and was killed. Maria, who was adopted from China, was only 5 years old. Her older brother was driving, and this was a tragic accident. This family has done so much in the world of international adoption. (I cannot tell you how many times we listened to "When Love Takes You In" as we waited for Mary Joyce.) Please pray for this entire family as they face such heartache. I pray that God has His arms wrapped around all of them, and that His strength will pull them through this terrible, terrible time. Here is a link to a memorial website: Maria

2 comments:

a Tonggu Momma said...

This just devastated us...

Susan said...

I was in tears most of yesterday over this. So awful.