Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Where We Are on the House Situation...

Several people have asked where we are with the house situation, in relation to getting ready for Malcom's arrival. First of all, yes, I am stressed out considering I am a planner, we are about 3 months from this little boy's arrival, and we have no bedroom for him yet. (Our house currently has 2 bedrooms, and one truly usable bathroom--there is a 3/4 bath in the garage, of all places, which isn't really practical for us to use.) We live in a parsonage owned by the church, so there is a process that has to be followed for all of this. So far, there is an ad-hoc committee in place, and they seem to think the best course of action is to add on a master bedroom and bathroom. That sounds great to us. A draftsman has come out, and I believe has started to work on some plans, and a survey crew came out the other day. At business meeting the other night, the committee chair said they should have something to present to the church soon. I hope he means VERY SOON. If all of this pans out as it is supposed to, when the addition is built, Chet and I will move into the new master bedroom, the girls will move into our current bedroom, and their current room will become Malcom's room.

That said, we really haven't even started shopping much for Malcom for lack of storage. We finally have decided that we are going to go on and assemble his dresser and set it up in our bedroom for now, so that I have a place to put clothes and things as we get them. (Poor baby has a few gender-neutral things passed on from his sisters, a onesie that my parents gave us for Christmas, a pair of shoes and a package of bibs. Of course, the big baby equipment is already in storage, but I'm talking about clothes and the little stuff.) He would be sleeping in the pack-n-play bassinet for awhile anyway, so that isn't a huge deal.

Anyway, that's the story. Hopefully we'll see some progress soon. And hopefully his mama won't get too much more stressed out over this whole situation...

3 comments:

Mrs. Chief said...

Jesus slept in a manger...it will all be fine...:-)

a Tonggu Momma said...

Ack! But it will be fine. It will all work out. Hugs to you.

Heather said...

Hassle, but with a great outcome:) In the meantime, you will do just super, you are so resourceful, Dusty. If we were closer I'd send Rob over, measuring tape in hand!

Hugs,
Heather