Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Doctor's Appointment and Glucose Test Update

I had my routine doctor's appointment this morning, and Dr. P's words were, "That's a happy baby!" Everything is looking great. :-)

A bit of info on the glucose test, too--I had opted to go to the lab for the test because it is about 5 minutes from the house, as opposed to the main doctor's office, which is 40 miles, give-or-take. However, this morning I found out that the nurse I talked to on the phone on Friday left out one major piece of information. If I go to the doctor's office for the test, they will do the testing with 3 finger sticks instead of 3 blood draws. So, since that sounds like a much more comfortable option, I will be driving up to St. Augustine for the test on Monday morning. (Added bonus is that I don't have to be there until 8:30 in the morning, as opposed to 7:00 for the lab. Even with the extra drive, I still don't have to leave as early. Good thing when you aren't a morning person!)

2 comments:

a Tonggu Momma said...

Let us know how it goes, k?

Kim said...

Glad to hear that everything is going well and little Malcom is a happy baby :) I am not fond of needles or mornings either so I can totally relate to you there.

Since I am a little bored and doing the word verification translation thing tonight I will give yours a go too...it brings lots to mind but I will try to keep it simple. The word is "wines" and I can think of some of my favorites right off the bat...Riesling, Moscato...but what really comes to mind is the method of communication that we as parents are used to hearing so well..."My kids wines every time they don't get their way"