Since things have been so hectic around here, I thought I would type up an update on all that has been going on with us.
VBS:
Several have asked how VBS went. It went very well. We had 33 children enrolled, which is great for our church--mostly an older congregation with very few children. One girl made a profession of faith on Thursday, which, of course, made the whole thing worthwhile. God is good! The turnout for the Family Night Worship Service on Sunday was amazing. We had a packed house.
Mary Joyce and Katherine were not old enough to be in VBS classes this year, so they were in the nursery while Chet and I handled our VBS duties. On Monday they stayed with our regular nursery worker, who is a real blessing to us, and the rest of the week, they were with one of our church ladies who is also one of our regular sitters. The girls love both of these ladies dearly, so that worked out very well. I pulled Mary Joyce from the nursery each day to go to music session with the preschoolers, and she had a ball! (I will try to post some video within the next day or so.) She is still talking about "Cation Bible Schoo."
Potty Training:
We finally seem to be making some progress. Once we got through with VBS, yesterday morning we had Mary Joyce going bottomless around the house. (She uses training pants just like pull-ups or a diaper, or has up until now anyway...) She did great! We handed out lots of treats, and the only accidents we had were due to not making it in time or to Mama cleaning out her potty at an inopportune moment. We're on day 2, and no accidents yet (as of nap time). We're still doing pull-ups for nap, bedtime, and leaving the house. Hopefully we can progress to big girl underwear soon.
Katherine:
Still growing way too fast. She is pulling up all over now. I think it is time to move her crib away from the blinds. (The cords are childproofed, but she still likes to play with the blinds.) She also has discovered the toilet tissue in the bathroom, so guess what her new favorite game is?
Mary Joyce Funnies:
Lately, Mary Joyce has started this thing where if she wants something, she'll cut her eyes up to you and ask very sweetly, followed by, "okay?" with this high-pitched inflection. As in, "Mummy [Mary Joyce] eat kood [food], puhple popsicle, okay?" I may have to try and catch this on video, because I think it may be a "have to be there" kind of thing.
Today the UPS man came and left a package for Chet. I signed for the package and started in with the box. Mary Joyce saw the box and said, "Peepa [pizza]!" very loudly. The UPS guy laughed all the way to the truck.
I'm sure there's more, but I can't think at the moment. I will try to get some pictures up soon.
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
No new pictures? I love your update on life. Box Juice is a must around her, but I have never heard it called that.
Dana
Pictures soon. I haven't had a chance to get them off of the cameras yet. Maybe later tonight, maybe tomorrow. :-)
Great update! Mary Joyce is too funny with all of her funny sayings!
I have been wondering how your VBS went! Great news on the little girls salvation! Awesome!
Post a Comment