Monday, July 28, 2008

Ouch!



We decided to walk to church last night, so we loaded the girls in the double stroller and off we went, as we have many times before. On the way home (which is only around 4 blocks or so away from the church), a mosquito found Mary Joyce and must have thought she was very sweet. Poor thing even has a mosquito bite on her eyelid. It looks terrible, and I know it has to be uncomfortable for her...

Update: She is looking much better today. I gave her some Benadryl at bedtime last night, and it really helped with the swelling.

8 comments:

Mendy said...

Bless her heart! Hope it gets better soon!
Mendy

Nicole said...

Poor baby - hope she feel's better very soon!

Anonymous said...

Dusty,

My daughter from China gets tons of mosquito bites, too. They always swell up so big. If she is outside playing with my bio daugther, she gets a dozen while my bio daughter gets none! Anyway, if you can get dragon and tiger ointment, it really brings the swelling down. Although, my daughter has also gotten them on her eyelid, and I won't put the ointment there! Good luck!

Michele from TongGu Board

Kim said...

oh I'm so sorry! She looks like she has one on her cheek too. Poor baby! That is one thing I do not miss...the mosquitoes! I do sympathise with you guys.

Heather said...

Oh my goodness! Poor baby! It's amazing how badly the little ones can react to those Florida mosquitoes!

Deb said...

Awww Poor lil' tike.
Just breezing threw from "Do the have Salsa in China" blog.

Michelle said...

Poor baby That looks painful. I'm so glad to hear that she is feeling better!!

Doug and Terrye said...

AWWWW! Our little Grace has the same reaction. It's tough to avoid those silly mosquitoes down here in FL!

Terrye in FL