Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Should I be bothered...

that my 10 month old and my 2 1/2 year old are currently wearing skorts that are the same size (18 months) and that the one Katherine is wearing was only passed down because it is too short for Mary Joyce, not that it doesn't fit her in the waist?

6 comments:

Nicole said...

We have the same problem with the princess - tiny little waist, but she has these really long legs!! Thank goodness for adjustable waistbands.

M,R,J1,J2 said...

No, you shouldn't...I like the adjustable waistbands, too, because our son needs size 12 for the lenght and size 8/10 for the waist.
Best wishes,
Michaela
Orlando, FL

Susan said...

Same issue here -- tall and thin! Toward the end of the winter I bought her some 2T pants because all her pants looked like capris. So when I was buying things for summer, I bought all 2T -- big mistake! I put the capris on her the first time and the waist slid down to her hips and her crotch to her knees -- and they were long enough for regular pants! I did find some 18 months sizes I had bought toward the end of last summer and she wears them fine now (although sometimes the shorts look like hot pants. Sigh).

Saint Louis Family Robinson said...

Josie has the same problem... she is still wearing the same size 18 month shorts that she has wore for the past two summers! ha! But she's wearing a 3T (or in some cases a 4T) top... she needs the length to cover her belly button.

Not sure what we're going to do this fall when she needs to wear long pants... I had a hard enough time last fall finding pants to fit her in the waist (and backside) and yet were long enough. I'm afraid this fall she's going to need 4T length... but still the 12-18 month waist. I'm thinking dresses and tights!!! ha!

-Mary in Saint Louis
Another Tonggu Mama

digging a hole to China said...

same with us. makes it easy to dress them quickly. and easy for when we have accidents in public and i have to raid the baby's diaper bag to dress big sister. preston actually outweighs aidyn a few pounds.

digging a hole to China said...

oh and you will appreciate this, aidyn is still wearing clothes that we took to china. that shirt you gave us to match Mary Joyce's and lots of skirts and shorts.