Thursday, June 26, 2008
Parenthood Fries Your Brain
Last night after prayer meeting and choir practice, we were getting ready to head home from church. We went out to our car, and Chet and I were talking about something, probably Vacation Bible School-related. Anyway, I was carrying Katherine, and Chet was walking with Mary Joyce. We went to the car, unlocked it, and started putting our respective girls in their car seats. (Bear in mind that although the girls have the same kind of car seats with different covers, Mary Joyce's faces the front, but Katherine's is still rear-facing until August.) Mary Joyce started saying, "Wrong way! Wrong way!" Yep, you guessed it... we were putting them in the wrong car seats, and the only one who caught on was the 2 1/2 year old. As the title says, parenthood fries your brain. :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Too FUNNY!!!!
-Mary,
another Tonggu Mama
That is something I would totally do! And I could see the Tongginator reacting with those very same words.
Oh, and a post in which I say thank you, Dusty:
http://ourlittletongginator.blogspot.com/2008/06/you-make-my-day.html
One night when I was bathing Ting Ting, we were singing "Old McDonald." I usually pause for her to insert the name of the animal, then I will go on with the noises. So here's mama singing, "With an oink oink here and an oink oink there . . . " only to have Ting Ting say, "NO, Mama, not oink."
That's when I realized she had said, "cow."
Yep, the brain is gone. Thank goodness our daughters are smart!
hilarious. i love getting corrected by the kids. happens way too frequently at my house.
That is so funny. I do stuff like that all the time.
Funny!!!
Post a Comment