


This afternoon, we had to make the very difficult decision to put one of our cats, Samson, to sleep. He had been ill with kidney failure for awhile, and started to really go downhill in the last couple of days.
He was the cat that we never intended to have. He moved in under our house when we lived in Madison, and ended up moving in with us, to make a long story short. Samson was one of those truly great cats, though--a great lap cat, but also could act like an overgrown kitten. He had his cat moments, of course--he was notorious for being underfoot at all times. He was great with the girls and is the only cat that Katherine refers to by name..."Tam Tam."
He will be missed around here.
5 comments:
I am sorry about your cat! Do you remember our black dog named Lucky? Anyway that is what happened to her and it was a very hard thing to do. Dennis went in with her while I waited in the waiting room.
Oh, Dusty, I am so very sorry. That is never an easy decision, even though sometimes it's what is best.
I'm so sorry to hear about Samson. He was a very handsome cat.
I know you all miss him.
I am so sorry! The death of a pet is always hard. Hugs to you all!
I'm sorry sweetie, I know first hand how hard this can be :(
Post a Comment