Friday, March 13, 2009

A Tonggu Family Reunion

Our travel buddy, Kim, and her 2 youngest children, Jaiden (one of Mary Joyce's Tonggu "cousins") and Jared, escaped the bitter cold of Minnesota for a visit to sunny Florida, and we were able to spend a good part of today together. We hadn't seen each other in person since we left Guangzhou, China, in September of 2006. It is really a neat thing, though, when you go for so long without seeing someone, but when you get together, it is like hanging around with a friend you see all the time. It was a beautiful day, and we had a really enjoyable time. We will get to see them one more time on Sunday, too, so that will be a nice bonus. Here are some pictures from today:

Jaiden and Mary Joyce playing dolls:


I had to include this one because of Mary Joyce's goofy facial expression:


A new favorite Katherine picture. (I just wish she didn't have the drop of drool on her chin!)


Reading Books


Katherine says, "Forget those kiddie books and hand me John Grisham!"


Katherine at Lunch


View from our Lunch Table (Those are brown pelicans.)


Everyone except me after lunch. I was making the picture.


The rest of these are from our visit to the "blue playground," as Mary Joyce calls it...










6 comments:

Susan said...

Cute photos! Looks like you had a lot of fun.

a Tonggu Momma said...

Wonderful! We had to cancel our visit with the Fish family this weekend due to The Influenza :( but we'll see them in a couple of months. And we totally feel the same way about them. I can't believe we've only known each other for four years. I feel like it's been forever.

Nicole said...

Looks like you had a ton of fun, and the girls got along well? We are disappointed that our reunion was canceled...maybe in a few years we can plan another!!

Kim and Dennis said...

Great pictures! I can't believe how long Jaiden's hair is!
The drool makes the photo better!

digging a hole to China said...

Oh this makes me happy and sad. wish we could have been there too. glad you guys had fun. and glad we can see you in december.

Angie said...

How fun!! Jaiden's hair is so long! Great pictures!