Mary Joyce and Katherine got Valentine's Day packages from Lao Lao and Papa in Louisiana. The alphabet books are actually written by the older sister of 2 girls I went to high school with. The books are adorable--very bright and colorful. Thanks again for everything!

Samson and Chloe are very patient kitties. They actually enjoy being around the girls (and also know how to make a quick get-away if things get a little too intense). Here is Mary Joyce with her 2 favorite felines.

Mary Joyce and Katherine are starting to play together, as much as they can while Katherine is as young as she is. Katherine smiles and laughs whenever Mary Joyce is around. Mary Joyce talks to her and shares toys. It is too sweet!

Here are the girls modeling their shirts from the aforementioned package. Mary Joyce wears her LSU shirt and points at it all day saying "Papa." (Her Papa sent her the shirt, and she is a bit of a Papa's girl anyway.) I love the way Katherine is looking up at Mary Joyce. She really loves her big sister.

Mary Joyce has never been a huge fruit eater. She has always eaten bananas sporadically, but to this point, I've been cutting them in little pieces for her. I've discovered if you let her eat it the "big girl" way, she will polish off a whole banana. :-)

Here is Mary Joyce in her pj's, dancing to one of the American Idol singers. The ever-present "Bear Bear" is her dance partner. I do have this on video, and I'll try to get it posted a little later.

Katherine says, "Shoes are yummy!" (Note: This is one of the very few still-surviving pairs of squeaky shoes from China. Once Mary Joyce started walking, they didn't last nearly as long. In fact, she (Mary Joyce) grew into her last pair recently, and they were extremely scuffed after 2 wearings. Oh, well...)

Katherine makes a goofy face:

Hanging Out in the High Chair. Katherine is not sitting up on her own yet, but she does just fine in the high chair. For the record, she ate her first stage 2 baby food today.

Mary Joyce at nap time last Friday. Her sleeping positions never cease to crack me up. :-)

Chloe has taken to sleeping under the rug in the girls' room. Mary Joyce thinks this is great! (There is an early picture of Mary Joyce with Chloe under the rug at the old house. Some things never change, I guess...)

Katherine and her Teething Ring--Katherine is the queen of teething lately. Drool everywhere and something always in her mouth. The fussiness and runny nose have started now, too. I checked her mouth today, and it looks like she is cutting multiple (as in more than 2) teeth at the same time. I'll have to let you know how many come in after this round of teething is done.
2 comments:
Thanks for the update and new pix! I so miss the days of naptime Aaaah! Kylie too loved eating her nanners like a real monkey :-) And you're right 60 is NOT cool! I repeat NOT cool! Susan who is hoping we hit 50 today now that's warm :-)
I will throw in that it wasn't supposed to get out of the 50's that day, so the low 60's were a very pleasant surprise. :-)
Post a Comment